The Original Regency 15

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Suga' mama

Meet my new suga' mama car. My old car died in March, and I ended up selling it for scrap (this is why I haven't come to visit, Angela). I had been carless for 2 1/2 months, and decided that it was time to do something about it. My uncle is an auctioneer at a car auction in Idaho, so I went up there last week planning on buying a Jetta or an Altima or something like that, and I came back with this beauty instead: a 2000 Mercedes Benz E320. Not what I planned on buying at all, but it was the first car that I was interested in to be auctioned off and I got a really good deal on it: $11,900. Not bad, eh? She still needs a name (yes, she's obviously a female car), so any and all suggestions are welcome.

Suga' mamas, along with driving fancy cars, have boyz. I'm dating (as of the last week or so) a guy named Mason Chenn who lives next door to me. He's half Chinese, half American, and grew up half in the US, half in Hong Kong, but claims HK as home. I don't have any great pictures of him yet, but I'll work on that. He's been in my ward since September and we were in a dinner group together last semester. He's 27, graduated a couple of years ago in molecular biology, and currently works as a financial planner at Merril Lynch. He's quitting his job at the end of this month, and he has a couple of other job offers, one of which is in LA, so we'll see what happens. Anyway, he's a good guy; I'm sure that you guys would approve.

Suga mama's also have good jobs. Only 6 1/2 weeks until my job starts in LA. It still seems weird to be venturing into the real world with a real job like that. Wish me luck!

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Holy cow, that is your car. Do you want to come be my suga mama cause I have been in the market for one those. I promise I won't suck you too dry. I just need to cover tuition and then there is that tiny issue that my car has tiny rust spots on it from the sun, so a new Mercedes for myself would be great. Oh and I quit my job so if you could financially support me for a while that would be perfect. See not too much!

2:12 AM  
Blogger Angi said...

2 words: That's hot! I really do love it! How can you really top a Ford Taurus though right? BY the way, I quit my job too.... I guess I'll have to wait on the new car!

6:50 AM  
Blogger Kelli and Dana said...

SHE IS HOT! Lynsey, i think you should name her "don't you wish you car was hot like me" ok, that's a little long but something like that. Don't show Dana, he's all convinced we need to buy a Porsche to really get the feel of law school:) Let us know about the boy, he sounds great to me!

3:44 PM  
Blogger The Merk-ster said...

Wheels plus gas plus boy plus 4 hours equals a great vacation in Southern Utah.
Just thought I'd put the bug in. :)
Sounds like life is throwing you all sorts of fun things. Me too. Like just yesterday it threw me a rotten tomato. Hit me right between the eyes. Ha ha. Just kidding. This is my sorry attempt at humoring myself at the expense of others. Thanks for tuning in.
But really, I'm glad to hear all the exciting things going on. You go girl!

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home