The Original Regency 15

Monday, May 21, 2007

"Don't feed the monkeys"

So as you may recall, I decided that I wanted to take a trip after I graduated, a little graduation present to myself as it were. So I did, and here are a few pictures to prove it.

We (Levi, Bethany, and I) spent nearly two weeks in Thailand, where we mostly ate, shopped, and laid on beaches. I like how this picture shows off not only the nice beaches that Thailand boasts, but also my awesome farmer's tan, which, by the way, I still have. The water was so nice! It was somewhere between bath water and hot tub. I think that my favorite thing that we did in Thailand, though, was take a cooking class. One afternoon Bethany learned how to make six Thai dishes. It was amazing. Good thing gluttony isn't a sin!

I know the signs at the zoo say "Don't feed the monkeys", but in Cambodia it works a little differently. Instead of seeing signs, you see swarms of little kids little kids saying, "Lady, you buy bananas to feed monkeys? Only one dollar, lady. You buy bananas? You buy? You buy?" For a dollar, we got a bunch with probably 20 small bananas--what a steal! The monkeys walk right up to you and steal bananas from your hand. Just be careful when trying to feed a monkey with a baby--Bethany tried that and the mama monkey scratched her. Bethany also got peed on by a monkey, but that's another story for another time. Bethany was kind of the comic relief for our trip.

The reason that we went to Cambodia was to go to Angkor Wat, which is this massive complex of ancient temples in the Cambodian jungle. It was crazy. Here's Bethany & I sitting on the steps leading up to the top of one of the temples. The steps were incredibly steep. The whole place was crazy. It would take you at least a week to walk through all of the temples there.

Anyway, my trip went really well & I'd highly recommend vacationing there someday. Now I'm back in Provo, just bumming around and studying for the CPA and what-not until I move to LA in July to start my job. It's a weird feeling knowing that I may never go back to school. I have a master's degree--how did that happen? Strange. Master Lynsey. I like the sound of that...

4 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

Holy trip! It looks like so much fun. You make me want to take off and doing something like that. I don't see how you can study for the CPA after a trip like that. Next time do you want to take me along?

11:21 PM  
Blogger Angi said...

I like the sound of that too! I guess I have something to work towards... :)
Cool pics!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

I would love to take all of you along! Can you imagine how fun that would be? But, seeing how I went on student loan money this time, and I'm about to join the real world, it might be a few years before I take a trip like this again. But when I do, you'll all be invited!

And yes, taking this trip did make it hard to study for the CPA. I've only been studying for it for a few days and I already want to shoot myself (just in the foot, maybe, not the head). AAHHHH!

12:21 PM  
Blogger The Merk-ster said...

No guns allowed. We're still waiting for a visit. I want to hear all about the peeing monkey.
Kelli - I'm glad you're back.
Angi- I just wanted to say hi because I haven't said hi to you in a long time.
Ok, gotta go check to see if the water is dripping.

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home