Why I should be dead
I took a little trip to Philadelphia last week to visit my sister (I magically had six days in a row without school). It was a much needed trip; I'm really struggling with Provo these days. I had a good time, but there's not a whole lot of interesting stuff that I could tell you about it. And then there was my trip home...
I was on the freeway coming home from the airport and I was only a few miles outside of Provo. Suddenly, for some reason or another, the car in front of me decided to slam on its breaks and pull off to the side of the road. The problem was that they didn't make it all the way off the freeway and the tail end of the car was still in my lane. I hit my breaks as I looked to see if I could get in the next lane over. My car fishtailed, I spun out of control across most, if not all, of the lanes, and I somehow ended up on the side of the road, facing traffic. I remember frantically breaking and turning the steering wheel, trying to control my car as headlights came straight toward me. Traffic was pretty heavy, and I honestly don't know how I didn't cause a huge accident or anything. My car stalled right as I reached the side of the road. There were a few mintues when my car wouldn't start, but then somehow it started up and I was able to turn around and drive home (once I stopped shaking). I should honestly be dead right now. I don't know how I didn't hit anyone or anything (the median,a road sign, etc). I don't know how my car didn't stall a second earlier, which would have put me on the freeway. And if my car hadn't stalled, I probably would have continued off the side of the road and rolled my car. All that I can say is that it must not be my time to die yet. I'm blessed to be alive.

1 Comments:
It most certainly isn't your time. Kevin had a similar experience years ago on I-15. He stopped within inches of the road sign after spinning all around the road. So, I guess if you don't hit anything you don't have to call the cops right? I am glad you are alright!
Post a Comment
<< Home