O what do you do when the sun goes down?
So, it's about 11 p.m. - a time when all you young college hoodlums are just getting started, but old married foggies are supposed to be snoozing soundly in blissful slumber......
and I'm not snoozing. Aaron's asleep. The boy could sleep through anything. Me? I just lay there thinking about all the things I should think about tomorrow, but not being able to shut my brain off. So I write to you all. I see we have not had many posts lately. School started. Mel got a new job. Angi got a new husband. What else is new?
Well, I became a professional beetle battler. Yes friends. If your homes and gardens are ever infested by our neighborhood June Bug - don't worry! Just call the Beetle Battler! With only gloves and a glass jar, I can capture those pesky beetles that eat your grapes and make your yard smell like a fermenting fruit pit. And the whole thing is humane too! I don't kill the beetles (well, not directly)! Oh no! Those exoskeletons are way too evolved for simple smashing. Beetle battling calls for patience. We at the Beetle Battle headquarters know the best way for a beetle to die is to sit in that jar in the hot sun for days. Don't worry, they have friends with them for moral support. Don't forget! One call, that's all. The Beetle Battler! Your life will never be the same.
(This commercial has been brought to you by your friendly neighborhood grocer. The views portrayed in this advertisement are not necessarily the views of the grocer. Paid by the citizens to elect your teddy bear.)
As you can tell, it's late. But the beetle story is true.
I'm going to try again to get some shut-eye. Wish me luck! Maybe Aaron's snores will be infectious.
Goodnight!

4 Comments:
I'm glad to see someone else post on here! Before you, I had written the only two posts in the last month. I was beginning to think that everyone was really boring...or dead. But now I see that you are neither. The beetle battler, huh? Maybe you should embroider that on a shirt. I hear that makes things official.
i'm going to really consider that. Do you think the primary kids would get scared if I put it on a blouse I could wear to church?
How's school? I've been wondering if ya'all are liking the weather up there. It's been wonderful down here, finally cooling off. You should come feel it if you are freezing to death :)
So, over here as for the weather, it is about 90 everyday still. It is unseasonally cool though. I am actually excited for it to get cooler. The nights are still WAY TOO hot! Ang, I loved your story about the beetles. We should compare notes. I am fighting the roaches. I swear my house is clean and they still come.
Angi--I am glad to see you are still alive after the honeymoon. You have got to figure out how to post.
Lynsey-How is it going? How is school?
Kelli-are you still alive?!?!
I like that all these comments are on here. I miss you guys! We had this couple in our ward over for dinner last night, and even though it was fun and nice and all those other words - I miss my friends! Angi - just so you know, I checked out your pics online. Beautiful!! You are such a gorgeous bride (and I don't just say that to anyone)! I loved them! Thanks for sending the links. (P.S. - I remember when I had to wake up from that happy dillusion as well. Ahh, the bliss. Ever seen Big Fish where he talks about time standing still when you meet the love of your life - the part they don't tell you is about how fast time has to go afterward to catch up with itself? Well, that seems to describe the last year in a nutshell. Love it though.)
I'm glad we're all still alive. I won't be if I don't eat soon. Ta ta for now.
Post a Comment
<< Home