The Original Regency 15

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Go Indonesia



So yes people, I have arrived in the land of Indonesia and have been here for a week and a half already. During the week Kevin goes to work and I stay home with my youngest brother, Nathan. We have done some interesting things together like planning Harry Potter week for my family. When you have nothing else to do, you end up doing very little or some really weird things. It is nice though to spend some time with my family.

Well yesterday, my mom, Kevin and I went to a city about two hours away because there was supposed to be good shopping. As we were on our way back we started noticing cars with flags and realized that Indonesia was playing that night in a soccer game for the Asian World Cup (we went to a game earlier in the week). Then I saw the bus pictured above. Shock filled my thoughts. What on earth are these kids doing? Where are their parents? Has the love of soccer and Indonesia made them insane? But this is life here and I guess they do the same thing with trains...can you imagine if child protective services caught kids doing this in the states...Oh, and when we first saw them they were moving pretty fast...




3 Comments:

Blogger Kelli and Dana said...

Hey mel, yup that's third world countries. We saw it in Ghana all the time...i even almost tried it once myself:) My mom would have killed me. Hope you are having fun. It sounds like a blast!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Angi said...

I can't believe kelli almost tried that. I would freak. I am definitely not a fan of riding on top of a large vehicle without restraints. That just sounds like you would be asking for trouble.

5:01 PM  
Blogger The Merk-ster said...

are you home yet?

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home