The Original Regency 15

Sunday, December 30, 2007

Better late than never...

For your information, I do look at the blog regularly...I just seem to only look at it when I don't have time to leave a post or a comment. I had every intention of meeting your deadline, but I didn't realize that my mom didn't have internet set up at her new place (she moved to Layton), so I had to wait until I got back from my Christmas break to write my post. I'm back now, so I'm posting. I met Angela's extended deadline (if that counts for anything...)

Well, here goes:

Things are going really well for me. I love where I live. My apartment is cute and it's walking distance to everything (the beach, two libraries, tons of restaurants, theaters, and shopping). Apparently I live on the same block as Owen Wilson, and just a block or so away from Meg Ryan (I am yet to run into either of them). My roommate is great. I actually kind of have two roommates, but one of them is never here, so it's like I only have one. Not that I didn't like the days of having five roommates, but only having one is pretty nice.

Work is also going well. I've spent most of my time on Universal Music Group. It's been cool to see how the music business works. Busy season is about to start (as if I'm not busy enough already) and I got lucky and ended up on a client pretty near my house for basically all of busy season, so at least my commute won't be bad. I'm not sure that auditing is something I'd want to do for the rest of my life, but it's good for now.

One of my most exciting pieces of news is that I'm almost done with the CPA exam! So far I'm 3 for 3, and I take the 4th (and final!) section on Saturday--wish me luck! I'll need it, because I've hardly studied for this section, but whatever. If I don't pass it, I guess I'll just apply to take it again after busy season. It'd be nice to just be done, though. Trying to work full time and study and be social is too much for me to handle for much longer.

And speaking of being social, that's all going well too. I love my ward. I have quite a few good friends down here, and I feel like I'm "in the loop". Any night that I want to do something, I can easily find something, if not several somethings, going on. I've been to a lot of concerts and parties and what-not. One night I even went to a taping of "American Gladiators", which was pretty awesome.

As far as boys go, I don't have much to report. There are a couple that I have my eye on, and a couple that have their eyes on me, but that's all. I've only been on a couple of dates, and one of them, as it turns out, was with this kid that blackmailed my brother Levi & tried to get him kicked out of BYU back in the day. Needless to say, there's not going to be a second date. When there is something to report, I'll let you all know.

Well, that about sums it up.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good night.

5 Comments:

Blogger The Merk-ster said...

Good update! I'm jealous you got to go to the American Gladiators taping. I can't wait for that show to start! I'll keep my fingures crossed for your test. I'll call soon with info on Hawaii, too.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Kelli and Dana said...

Talk about awkward date:) Glad to hear you are loving it though and your location sounds awesome. Dana and I think it is so funny that American Gladiators is coming back...spandex make a return! Happy New Year!

8:48 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

I had no idea about the return of the Gladiators. That is so weird to think that that show might come back. I guess with the writer's on strike...

1:38 PM  
Blogger Lynsey said...

I love that all of you have commented on American Gladiators. I had no idea that going to that taping would make me such a celebrity with you guys!

6:30 PM  
Blogger Angi said...

I too was a big fan of American Gladiators back in the glory days. I'm glad to hear that you're doing well.

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home